Chicago physician offers MonaLisa Touch and answers the question, “How long does it last?”
Over time, a woman’s body goes through many changes. Some changes such as those brought on by menopause and decreased estrogen may be painful or uncomfortable. These changes can impact her quality of life and the way a woman feels about herself. Now, women in the Chicago area can turn to Dr. Sanjay Gandhi of Partners in Pelvic Health North Shore Urogynecology for feminine health care, including the MonaLisa Touch procedure. With offices in Park City, Lake Forest, Chicago, and Woodstock, IL, top quality feminine care is available.
Women’s bodies go through many changes throughout their lives. Childbearing, hormonal changes, and aging can not only alter a woman’s core but also the intimate areas. The vaginal walls become thinner, and elasticity and blood supply are reduced. This may result in vaginal dryness, burning, and painful intercourse. The change in vaginal health can lead to problems with sexual intercourse and disrupt a woman’s relationship. The changes may be considered a natural part of aging, but you do not have to ignore the symptoms. Women are turning to treatments to restore their vaginal health. MonaLisa Touch is innovative technology that addresses these problems without the need for hormones or surgery.
Vaginal health with MonaLisa Touch
MonaLisa Touch is advanced technology for vaginal and vulvar health. It is a laser procedure that delivers precisely controlled energy to the vaginal tissue. This treatment revitalizes the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen production, which is essential for vaginal cell health. MonaLisa Touch treats vaginal atrophy, giving women relief from their everyday pain and discomfort.
Vaginal atrophy is caused by a decrease in estrogen. The vaginal walls become thin, dry, and inflamed. Although it often occurs after menopause, it can develop when estrogen declines such as during breastfeeding, during the years leading up to menopause, after the ovaries have been surgically removed, or after treatment for cancer. Vaginal atrophy can cause painful intercourse, thus, reducing a woman’s sex drive.
MonaLisa Touch allows women to feel more comfortable and more confident. A previously hushed topic can now be addressed with ease. Using laser energy to stimulate collagen production, the procedure addresses vaginal health in a manner similar to that used in treating facial skin. MonaLisa Touch promotes collagen, improves functionality of the treated area, and restores blood flow. This reverses the effects of vaginal atrophy. As the vaginal mucosa is revitalized, the surface epithelial tissues are treated, as are deeper lamina propria tissues. The entire procedure is performed in minutes. Many patients notice improved vaginal health after a single treatment with maximum results after three treatments, each performed six weeks apart. A yearly touch up maintains the long-lasting results, so patients can feel comfortable, confident, and healthy.
When choosing a procedure, patients often have questions such as, “How long does it last?” MonaLisa Touch is the premier procedure for menopausal or post-menopausal women suffering from vaginal dryness, itchiness, pain during urination, or pain during sexual intercourse.
Benefits of MonaLisa Touch include:
- Non-surgical – No needles or scalpels are needed. This laser procedure is performed in the office without the risks or downtime of surgical procedures.
- Safe – Laser procedures emit precisely controlled energy to the target area. The surrounding tissues are unharmed.
- Painless – No anesthesia is needed during the procedure. The treatment is virtually painless. Patients may notice some discomfort when the probe is inserted but the treatment itself is painless.
- Quick treatments – The treatment is performed in a brief 5-minute session.
- No downtime – Although it is recommended that patients avoid sexual activity for 48 hours following treatments, there are no side effects, downtime, or recovery period. Patients can resume their normal activities after the procedure.
- Effective – Patients may notice improvement after one or two treatments. Optimal results are found after three treatments spaced six weeks apart.
- Long-lasting – Following the initial series of three treatments, patients can maintain the effects with yearly touch up appointments.
Vaginal health no longer needs to be kept quiet. Your pain and symptoms can be discussed and addressed quickly and effectively with MonaLisa Touch. To experience the best urogynecology care, contact Partners in Pelvic Health North Shore Urogynecology. Call today to schedule your appointment with Chicago physician, Dr. Sanjay Gandhi. (844) 327-1188