A guide to options available for vaginal rejuvenation … feel your confident, healthy “best” again!
Natural changes over time or due to life events, such as vaginal childbirth, can lead to problems that affect everything from your ability to laugh and exercise without “leaks” to the satisfaction and pleasure you derive from sex.
Fortunately, Dr. Sanjay Gandhi of Partners in Pelvic Health in Lake Forest, Illinois, has the unique expertise and advanced technologies to safely and predictably resolve or improve problems with vaginal laxity.
Depending on the nature of your condition and the specific vulvovaginal structures that require reconstruction and tightening, Dr. Gandhi may recommend laser-assisted surgical techniques and procedures such as:
- Clitoral unhooding or hoodectomy to remove excess skin around the clitoris, which supports renewed stimulation and enhanced sensations during sex
- Labia reduction or labiaplasty to reconstruct enlarged labial tissue. So, women can wear their favorite clothes, free of embarrassment and discomfort
- Vaginal tightening or vaginoplasty to address the complications from age-related or pregnancy-related changes, resolving the laxity felt during sex to support a healthy sex life, relationship, and quality of life
These procedures can be summed up as “vaginal rejuvenation.” We will not know the best option for you until after a thorough consultation and review of your medical history is conducted.
Dr. Gandhi is trained and has the onsite capabilities to offer precision laser-assisted vaginal rejuvenation. The use of lasers typically minimizes the risks of complications and side effects generally associated with traditional surgical techniques.
Conventional techniques have used cutting instruments, such as scalpels, incisions, and sutures or stitches. By directing the laser device and light-based energy toward the treatment site, we avoid the traditional cutting, incisions, and risks associated with earlier-generation surgical techniques. By minimizing risks such as discomfort and bleeding, the treatment itself is relatively quick, and patients can generally get back to their schedule and activities right away – with little to no downtime.
With all of that being said, laser-assisted surgery is still surgery. There are risks with all procedures, as well as additional expenses. We can determine if surgical treatment is appropriate for you.
Women may be suitable candidates for this procedure if:
- They have tried natural methods to tighten the vagina, such as Kegel exercises, and are disappointed by the lack of results
- Age-related changes have resulted in persistent bladder leakage, burning, itching, dryness, and other problems that are interfering with your overall well-being and quality of life
- You seek increased sensitivity, stronger and better-coordinated muscle contractions, quicker orgasms, or overall improved sexual and orgasmic function
- Your self-confidence has taken a big hit due to embarrassment over “camel toe,” or a visible, enlarged labia, especially when wearing form-fitting clothes and swimwear
Again, the specific type of vaginal rejuvenation and recommended surgical techniques depend on factors such as the nature of your concern and the extent of vaginal laxity, as well as the specific tissues and structures that require treatment. Total treatment time, recovery, and costs also depend on the type of treatment that Dr. Gandhi recommends.
To schedule your consultation with our understanding and exceptionally skilled team, call (844) 327-1188 today. Partners in Pelvic Health is privileged to have four convenient Chicagoland locations in Lake Forest, Park City, Woodstock, and Norwood Park.Back to Vaginal Rejuvenation Page